Team Lead – Hadoop
Software Engineering - Düsseldorf, Germany
- Level: Professionals
- Start date: As soon as possible
Team Lead – Hadoop
Are you passionate about creatively using technology? Do you want the chance to work with databases operating at 1012 scale? Our Hadoop development team is looking for a skilled developer and expert on systems level to lead, inspire and build our Hadoop development team. You will have the overview of our big data architecture and implement your own ideas in order to strategically drive our Hadoop cluster to the next level. We want someone who can not only use but also build a complex Hadoop cluster and data pipeline infrastructure.
- As an expert in your field, you will design, implement and maintain data integration- and data warehouse-based solutions using Hadoop in streaming environments.
- Translate business requirements into technical implementations based on systems‘ capabilities.
- Ensure the solutions being defined are reusable and follow standard design patterns and architecture principles of Hadoop.
- Coach and mentor a growing team in an Apache Hadoop environment.
- On this note you will support the recruitment process of further team members and liaise with HR to devise innovative approaches to finding the next Hadoop prodigy.
- Collaborate with and provide technical consultation to other Software Development, Operations, Product and Business Intelligence teams to define deliverables and plans.
- We promote thinking outside the box so we encourage you to initiate, promote and allocate the resources for technological innovations.
The ideal candidate:
- Has at least 3 years’ experience in OOP using Java and other languages.
- Has some experience setting up and running Hadoop clusters utilizing the whole Hadoop infrastructure.
- Exceptional communication skills and experience leading a team or project.
- Has experience in concurrent programming and complex algorithms.
- Has experience in engineering and administrating large-scale distributed systems in production environments and is able to model complex data structures.
- Has an understanding of configuration management systems and their concepts for mass configuration. Knowledge of GNU/Linux and networking (L2/L3) would be a plus.
- Holds a university degree in Computer Science.
- Is comfortable communicating in English (our company language). German language skills would also be a plus.
- Has the courage and ambition to challenge the status quo.
- Can start as soon as possible.
Life at trivago is…
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free code workshops and Hackathons, as well as the chance to contribute to our tech blog.
- Living in Düsseldorf, the 6th highest quality of living city in the world for expats.
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English.
If you would like to learn more about the application process at trivago, please click here.