Software Engineering - Düsseldorf, Germany
- Level: Professionals
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Maintain and refine our webpack-powered build setup by adding custom plugins and loaders.
- Extend Babel with custom transpilation steps.
- Create documentation and spread best practices.
- Create productivity-enhancing developer tools (Chrome addon, etc.) for our framework.
- Develop and maintain a template compiler to take our client-side rendering process to the next level.
- Work on our next generation virtual DOM library.
The ideal candidate:
- Has excellent knowledge of ES2015+. Familiarity with other programming languages (especially PHP) would be a plus.
- Has solid knowledge of webpack and Babel.
- Knows React and the underlying principles.
- Is skilled in framework design and familiar with design patterns.
- Has at least a basic knowledge in compiler design.
- Is pragmatic and knows when to make trade-offs.
- Holds an academic degree in the field of IT or has completed a comparable apprenticeship successfully.
- Speaks English fluently.
- Can start as soon as possible.
Life at trivago:
trivago is an exciting hub of multicultural activity where nationalities from all around the world come to share their knowledge and work together on redefining the travelling experience for millions of people. We nurture all our talents and provide them with the support they need to develop professionally as well as personally. We encourage fanatic learning through regular code workshops, Hackathons and constant feedback as well as promoting quick decision making in keeping with our trial and error philosophy. Flexible working hours are in place to create a trusting environment where productivity is measured through goals rather than hours spent in the office. For our internationals, we help with relocation and provide language classes for those wanting to learn and practise their German.
Join us at trivago – a place where talented minds meet, crazy ideas are shared and innovation is born.
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English.
- We do not require the services of an agency for this position.