SharePoint 2013 Developer / Administrator

IT Operations & Support - Düsseldorf, Germany

  • Level: Professionals
  • Start date: As soon as possible

SharePoint 2013 Developer / Administrator

Are you a SharePoint expert? Do you have the knowledge and ability necessary to successfully integrate SharePoint 2013 into trivago’s systems? Our Office Infrastructure Operations team is looking for a SharePoint genius to help increase productivity and collaboration on a company-wide scale. As we generally don’t purchase solutions from third-party sources, you will utilize SharePoint 2013 to develop custom-requested solutions, always ensuring to involve relevant stakeholders throughout the development process. You will customize our SharePoint 2013 farm in order to fit trivago’s needs and work to automatize current manual processes. The role will be approximately 70% focused on development – this will mostly be server-side-orientated and involving writing customized code, however it will also involve interaction with client-side technologies. The other 30% will see you supporting our team by taking on administrative duties of our SharePoint 2013 farm and Microsoft SQL server. As an expert on SharePoint, you will be responsible for helping our users with their SharePoint-related issues so it is essential that you can remain approachable and amiable even when under pressure. If you want to help shape the future of the world’s largest hotel search, we’d like to hear from you.

The ideal candidate:

  • Has a B.A. or B.Sc. in either Business Information Technology, Information Technology or Software Engineering.
  • Has 4-5 years’ experience working with SharePoint, preferably some experience with SharePoint 2013. In this time they will have acquired significant experience in developing custom solutions using server-side and client-side code. Additionally they will have extensive knowledge when it comes to administering a SharePoint 2013 farm.
  • Has 3-4 years’ experience administering Microsoft SQL servers and has displayed exceptional administrative skills.
  • Can work wonders when it comes to web development and is adept at using C#, ASP.NET, HTML, CSS and JavaScript.
  • Has some previous project management experience.
  • Can speak English (our company language) fluently. German would be a plus.
  • Is a team player who can find unorthodox solutions to problems and can structure their own workload in order to achieve the best possible results.
  • Can start as soon as possible.

Life at trivago is...

  • The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
  • The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
  • The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
  • Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
  • Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
  • The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free code workshops and Hackathons, as well as the chance to contribute to our tech blog.
  • Living in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.

Additional information:

  • Please note that applicants must hold a degree in order to receive a valid work permit for Germany for this position.
  • Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English.
  • This is a fixed-term position of 1 year with a long-term perspective.

If you would like to learn more about the application process at trivago, please click here.

Share this job